The 1847 Kellum-Noble House is the oldest surviving masonry
house in Houston on its original site. The Louisiana Plantation style
house is accented by a double gallery that spans the entire perimeter of
the structure. Beginning in 1851, Mrs. Zerviah Noble conducted one of
Houstonís first private schools in her home. Decorative arts associated
with the cityís namesake, Sam Houston, as well as the Kellum and Noble
families, illustrate life in the early days of statehood. In 1954, the
organization now known as The Heritage Society formed to save this
structure from demolition.
For more information about the Kellum-Noble House Foundation
Stabilization and preservation project, call Alice Collette or Emily
Ardoin at 713-655-1912.
Capital Campaign Overview,
Project Update 3-3-15,
Campaign Reply Form