1823 Old Place
The 1823 Old Place is an example of early Texas frontier architecture. Constructed of roughly hewn cedar logs and mortise and tenon jointure, the original one-room building was encapsulated inside larger additions in later years. It was moved from the bank of Clear Creek to Sam Houston Park in 1973 and restored. The cabin now illustrates the hardships faced by immigrants permitted to settle in colonial Texas in Austin’s Colony.
See map below for the original location of Old Place on Clear Creek.