Home   About Us      Plan A Visit     Calendar   Membership   Get Involved     Links      Contact

Historic Structures

Kellum-Noble House

Nichols-Rice-Cherry House

San Felipe House

Pillot House

St. John Church

The Old Place

Staiti House

Yates House

4th Ward Cottage

 

 

Historic Structures


The Old Place
The 1823 Old Place was moved from the bank of Clear Creek to Sam Houston Park in 1973 and is an example of early Texas frontier architecture. Roughly hewn cedar logs and mortise and tenon jointure are defining elements of the structure. The interpretive features of the cabin illustrate the hardships faced by immigrants permitted to settle in colonial Texas in Austinís Colony.

 

 

 

 

(c) 2014 The Heritage Society   The Heritage Society 1100 Bagby Street     Houston, Texas 77002